The Joe Colombo Car Collection

Brian Caruso
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Here is a highlight of The Joe Colombo Car Collection. Joe Colombo from Wayne, New Jersey is very talented and a master at restoring Quarter Midgets and full sized Midgets. His detail to excellence makes every restoration a work of art. Here are some of Joe's Quarter Midgets and restorations in his shop in New Jersey. Here are some of Joe's Midgets in his shop in New Jersey Here is Joe's 1948 original all polished #2 Kurtis Kraft Offy & #83 Ford V8 60 Hilegass Midget Joe's Ford V8 60 Hilegass during restoration Joe in his 1948 Kurtis Kraft Offy Midget at Flemington, New Jersey Joe in his #83 Hilegass Midget at Louden, New HampshireTony Stewart poses in Joe's #83 Ford 60 Hilegass Midget for a picture at the ACOT show Here is Joe's all chrome 1960's pedal car from FAO Schwarz in N.Y. City. Joe & daughter Jodi convinced them to sell to himHere is Joe's Crosley engine with a Pepco SuperchargerHere is Joe's fuel injected Ford V8 60 engine with an Algon Fuel Injector system. One of only 12 built by Al Gonzalez from California Joe's Fournier Kurtis Kraft #4 Bowes Special and all polished Kurtis Kraft Midget models Joe's Fournier #4 Bowes Special Kurtis Kraft model at the Hinchcliffe display & a friends Fournier Caruso Kurtis Kraft duece in Patterson, New Jersey 1948 Soap Box racer Joe & his Dad built in 1948 at age 12. Joe still has in his collection Here are some of Joe Colombo's Quarter Midget restorations. This is Joe's Colombo #1 Offyette before restoration During restoration Here is Joe's Colombo #1 Offyette Special restored Here is Joe' #3 Continental Red Seal Special Quarter Midget before restoration During restoration Here is Joe's #3 Continental Red Seal Special Quarter Midget restored Here are the plans for the Continental Quarter Midget from the 1950'sHere are a few rebuilt Continental engines at Joe's shop ready to go into the cars Here is Joe Colombo's #4 Model 61 Offyette before restoration Here is Joe's #4 Model 61 Offyette restored Here is the 1950's Model 61 Offyette brochures. The car has a Continental engine. Here is Joe's Model 400 #7 Colombo Offyette Special before restoration During restoration Here is Joe's Model 400 #7 Colombo Offyette Special restored Here is the Model 400 Larc-Douglas Offyette brochure. The car has a Continental engine. Here is Joe's #6 Billbrook Gasoline Alley Quarter Midget before restoration During restoration Here is Joe's #6 Billbrook Gasoline Alley Quarter Midget restored Here is the Billbrook brochure from the 1959 Here is Joe's #10 Dascar Quarter midget purchased from friend Bill Nash during restoration Here is Joe's #10 Dascar after restoration Here are the Dascar brochures from the 1950's-1960's.The name came from the manufacturer David A Singleton. Previously owned by Bill Nash and was driven by Bill's daughter. The car has a gear drive Clinton engine

Joe Colombo's Caruso #2 Offyette Quarter Midget

Brian Caruso
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Joe Colombo took friend Bill Nash's advice and built a replica Quarter Midget of the Caruso #2 Kurtis Kraft-Offy Midget driven by Bill Schindler

Here is the car before restoration

During restoration

Here is the Caruso #2 Offyette Quarter Midget after restoration
Here is the Caruso #2 Offyette Quarter Midget next to the full size Caruso #2 Kurtis Kraft-Offy Midget at the Caruso Racing Museum in Las Vegas

Re: The Joe Colombo Car Collection

dmaxvp
Does anyone have the contact info for Mr. Joe Colombo of Wayne New Jersey? I'd like to know if parts and or cars can be sourced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David Maxwell
Vacaville, Ca.

Re: The Joe Colombo Car Collection

Brian
David, Give me a call and I will give you his number. Brian 702 871 4300

Re: The Joe Colombo Car Collection

Brian V
***Looking for a "Vandy Special" Nice collection of racers. My grandfather build the "Vandy Special", I attached photos of the flyer. My father is the boy in the flyer. They even had a race track at the farm in Furlong, PA. My grandfather has since passed away and my father is aging. I'd love to find a Vandy Special to give him. I know this search is probably close to impossible. I've searched the internet with no luck. If anyone knows of the whereabouts of any piece of a Vandy Special, I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: The Joe Colombo Car Collection

Brian Caruso
Hi, I will ask around for you. Brian

Re: The Joe Colombo Car Collection

Brian
Brian, Give me a call when you get a chance. Thanks, Brian. 702 871 4300

Re: The Joe Colombo Car Collection

John
Just bought a t.q midget go kart in boxes. I need to find out what I really have and looking for some missing parts. Is there anyone that can help me please. Thank you.

Re: The Joe Colombo Car Collection

Brian Caruso
John,

Email some pictures and I will take a look.

Brian. brianc@micarfabrication.com

Re: The Joe Colombo Car Collection

sulmac1985
<nabble_img src="vandy1.<nabble_img src="vandy2.jpg" border="0"/>jpg" border="0"/>

vandy2.jpg

i have a vandy special and would like some info for the restoration

Re: The Joe Colombo Car Collection

Brian Caruso
Administrator

Hi,

I really don't know anything about the Vandy Quarter Midget. Are you on Face Book?

They have a couple of sites and there are people that know about them that could help you.

Brian

Brian Caruso

Micar Fabrication & Design Company Inc.

5166 S. Arville St.

Las Vegas, NV  89118

(702) 871-4300 P.

(702) 220-8603 F.

http://www.micarfabrication.com

http://www.carusomidgetracing.com

http://www.flightlinefilms.com/team_members.html#brian_caruso
On 11/22/2018 5:34 PM, sulmac1985 [via Caruso Racing Museum Forum] wrote:
i have a vandy special and would like some info for the restoration

http://caruso-racing-museum-forum.4029880.n2.nabble.com/The-Joe-Colombo-Car-Collection-tp6371491p7559279.html
To unsubscribe from The Joe Colombo Car Collection, click here.
NAML